Independent Midwifery Care & Hospital Birth
While the majority of our clients are planning home births, some of our clients would prefer a hospital birth or their pregnancies are high risk and they need to birth in the hospital. Our clients who receive independent midwifery care and supportive services during a hospital birth often report feeling like they got "the best of both worlds". While our midwives do not have delivery privileges at St. Charles Medical Center, we can provide supportive care for clients who want a midwife in the hospital but are unable to access that care in Bend. This option is perfect for families who feel they are not quite getting their needs met by the current western medical model of maternity care. We offer free no-obligation visits to explore this as an option for your birth.
- One hour prenatal visits with minimal or no wait times for appointments.
- Alternative options for routine tests such as glucose screening.
- Assistance with creating an effective hospital birth plan.
- Midwifery support during a hospital birth.
- In-home postpartum care for mother and baby.